Natixis Investment Managers Summit to Feature Five Former Heads of State or Government
- Historic panel brings together Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, French President Nicolas Sarkozy & German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder
- Featuring a dialog between former Colombian President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Juan Manuel Santos and Prince Zeid Ra’ad Al-Hussein, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Summit to spotlight 70 leading experts from around world discussing themes underlying the New Geopolitical World Order
Natixis Investment Managers today announced its inaugural Natixis Investment Managers Summit, which will take place on November 7 in Paris, will feature five former heads of state or government among a roster of 70 leading experts and unconventional thinkers from around the world discussing themes underlying “The New Geopolitical World Order.”
Laurent Mignon, Chairman of the management board of Groupe BPCE , François Riahi, Chief Executive Officer of Natixis, and Jean Raby, Chief Executive Officer of Natixis Investment Managers, will welcome over 500 attendees to the summit, which will convene thought leaders from investing, finance, technology, business, policy and academia to address the economic and geopolitical trends that are reshaping business, society and investing.
“The Natixis Investment Managers Summit is designed to embody how we do business in the asset management world, bringing a wide range of expert voices together to challenge conventional thinking. Our speakers are diverse and sometimes unconventional and provocative, but always insightful and willing to challenge the status quo,” said Jean Raby. “Our clients expect differentiated perspectives and long-term thinking, so our Summit is somewhat unique by design for gatherings of this type. Rather than focus on short-term trends, we have tailored our agenda to address critical topics that will affect the world – and the world of investing – for generations to come.”
François Riahi added: “At Natixis, we aim to build a sustainable and durable business model by supporting our clients over the long-term. The Natixis Investment Managers Summit was conceived on this basis, aiming to bring context to today’s economic and political oscillations, and so help our clients to make informed decisions tomorrow.”
The Summit’s first plenary discussion will feature a dialog between Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos with former U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights and Prince of the Royal Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Zeid Ra’ad Al-Hussein. The session, “The New Geopolitical World Order,” will tackle the increasingly complex realm of international relations and how governments and institutions can use their authority to stabilize the balance of power.
The capstone discussion of the Summit, “The World in the Making: A Presidential Perspective,” will feature a remarkable and historic dialogue between three former European heads of state or government: former Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, and former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder. The trio will bring to bear their experience in office to discuss today’s critical issues, their vision for the future, and their advice for leaders in a turbulent world in a session moderated by French broadcaster Marie Drucker and Jean Raby.
Other discussions include:
- “The Future of Europe,” with Former Prime Minister of Belgium and current Brexit negotiator for the EU Parliament, Guy Verhofstadt; former German Minister of Defense and of Economics and Technology, Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg; and Alina Polyakova, Rubenstein Fellow at The Brookings Institution and professor at Johns Hopkins University, moderated by British-Nigerian broadcaster, Ayo Akinwolere, who will also be master of ceremonies for the Summit.
- “Ten Years After the Crisis: The Fallout and the Future,” will feature two of the central players from the crisis and another who predicted it years ahead of time: the U.K.’s former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Alistair Darling; Chris Dodd, a Senior Counsel at the law firm Arnold & Porter and a former U.S. Senator who co-authored the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; and Ann Pettifor, Director of Prime Economics.
- “The US Mid-Term Elections: Instant Analysis” will feature former Chief of Staff to U.S. President George W. Bush, Andrew H. Card, Jr.; French political analyst Nicole Bacharan, and the Head of International for Dow Jones Media Group, Francesco Guerrera; moderated by Natixis Investment Managers’ Chief Market Strategist, David Lafferty.
- “The Power of Migration and Demography,” with Joseph Coughlin, Director of the MIT AgeLab; Ertharin Cousin, the Payne Distinguished Lecturer at Stanford University’s Freeman Spogli
Institute for International Studies and former Executive Director of the World Food Programme; and Jean-Christophe Dumont, Head of the International Migration Division of the OECD; moderated by Anne-Laurence Roucher, Deputy CEO and Head of Development and Operations for Mirova, an investment affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers.
The Natixis Investment Managers Summit will offer more than 20 sessions in all, including discussions of key issues such as global trade, artificial intelligence, China’s emerging leadership in the new geopolitical order, cybersecurity, blockchain, social media and democracy, energy geopolitics, biomedical research and advanced technologies.
Natixis Investment Managers serves financial professionals with more insightful ways to construct portfolios. Powered by the expertise of 27 specialized investment managers globally, we apply Active ThinkingSM to deliver proactive solutions that help clients pursue better outcomes in all markets. Natixis ranks among the world’s largest asset management firms1 ($988.4B / €846.5 billion AUM2).
Headquartered in Paris and Boston, Natixis Investment Managers is a subsidiary of Natixis. Listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, Natixis is a subsidiary of BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France. For additional information, please visit the company’s website at im.natixis.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/natixis-investment-managers.
Natixis Investment Managers includes all of the investment management and distribution entities affiliated with Natixis Distribution, L.P. and Natixis Investment Managers S.A.
Natixis Distribution, L.P. is a limited purpose broker-dealer and the distributor of various registered investment companies for which advisory services are provided by affiliates of Natixis Investment Managers.
- Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2018 ranked Natixis Investment Managers as the 16th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
- Net asset value as of June 30, 2018. Assets under management (“AUM”), as reported, may include notional assets, assets serviced, gross assets and other types of non-regulatory AUM.
Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France, includes two independent and complementary cooperative commercial banking networks: the network of 14 Banque Populaire banks and the network of 15 Caisses d’Epargne. It also works through Crédit Foncier in the area of real estate financing. It is a major player in Asset and Wealth management, Insurance, Corporate & Investment Banking and Specialized Financial Services with Natixis. Groupe BPCE, with its 106,500 employees, serves a total of 31 million customers and enjoys a strong local presence in France with 7,800 branches and 9 million cooperative shareholders. The senior prefered debt long term is rated by four financial rating agencies, Moody’s (A1, stable outlook), S&P (A, positive outlook), Fitch (A, positive outlook) and R&I (A, stable outlook).
Chief Executive Officer, Natixis
Francois Riahi, 46, is Chief Executive Officer of Natixis, a member of the Management Board of BPCE, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Coface. From 2001...
CEO of Natixis Investment Managers and Head of Asset and Wealth Management, Natixis
Jean Raby is CEO of Natixis Investment Managers, Head of Asset and Wealth Management and a member of the Senior Management Committee of Natixis. He started his...