Global Retirement Index from Natixis Global Asset Management: France ranks 19th (20th in 2016)
- France improved its score in all of the four areas analysed: finances in retirement, healthcare, quality of life, and material well-being.
- French retirees benefit from an efficient healthcare system and one of the world’s longest lifespans.
- Low public debt and good governance are strengths of the three top-rated countries.
The Global Retirement Index assesses factors that drive retirement security across 43 mainly developed economies where retirement is a pressing social and economic issue. It was compiled by Natixis Global Asset Management with support from CoreData Research, a U.K.-based financial research firm. The index includes International Monetary Fund (IMF) advanced economies, members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China). The report captured data from a variety of sources, including the World Bank. The researchers calculated a mean score in each category and combined the category scores for a final overall ranking of the 43 nations studied.
Natixis Global Asset Management serves thoughtful investment professionals worldwide with more insightful ways to invest. Through our Durable Portfolio Construction® approach, we focus on risk to help them construct more strategic portfolios that seek to endure today’s unpredictable markets. We draw from deep investor and industry insights and partner closely with our clients to put objective data behind the discussion.
Natixis Global Asset Management is ranked among the world’s largest asset management firms.1 Uniting over 20 specialized investment managers globally ($895.6 billion AUM2), we bring a diverse range of solutions to every strategic opportunity. From insight to action, Natixis Global Asset Management helps our clients better serve their own with more durable portfolios.
Headquartered in Paris and Boston, Natixis Global Asset Management, S.A. is part of Natixis. Listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, Natixis is a subsidiary of BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France. Natixis Global Asset Management, S.A.’s affiliated investment management firms and distribution and service groups include Active Index Advisors® ;3 AEW Capital Management; AEW Europe; AlphaSimplex Group; Axeltis; Darius Capital Partners; DNCA Investments;4 Dorval Asset Management;5 Emerise;6 Gateway Investment Advisers; H2O Asset Management;5 Harris Associates; Loomis, Sayles & Company; Managed Portfolio Advisors® ;3 McDonnell Investment Management; Mirova;7 Natixis Asset Management; Ossiam; Seeyond;7 Vaughan Nelson Investment Management; Vega Investment Managers; and Natixis Global Asset Management Private Equity, which includes Seventure Partners, Naxicap Partners, Alliance Entreprendre, Euro Private Equity, Caspian Private Equity and Eagle Asia Partners. Visit ngam.natixis.com for more information. Not all offerings available in all jurisdictions. For additional information, please visit the company’s website at ngam.natixis.com | LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/natixis-global-asset-management
Natixis Global Asset Management also includes business development units located across the globe, including NGAM S.A., a Luxembourg management company authorized and regulated by the CSSF, as well as branch offices of NGAM Distribution in France.
- Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2016 ranked Natixis Global Asset Management, S.A. as the 16th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management ($870.3 billion) as of December 31, 2015.
- Net asset value as of March 31, 2017. Assets under management (AUM) may include assets for which non-regulatory AUM services are provided. Non-regulatory AUM includes assets which do not fall within the SEC’s definition of ‘regulatory AUM’ in Form ADV, Part
- A division of NGAM Advisors, L.P.
- A brand of DNCA Finance.
- A subsidiary of Natixis Asset Management.
- A brand of Natixis Asset Management and Natixis Asset Management Asia Limited, based in Singapore and Paris.
- Operated in the U.S. through Natixis Asset Management U.S., LLC.
Press Relations, Natixis
+33 1 58 32 01 03