Brexit, trade wars and geopolitical tensions set to cause muted H2 say market strategists from Natixis Investment Managers and affiliated managers
- Results from the first Natixis Investment Managers Midyear Strategist Survey suggest that outcomes for 2019 will be more muted as markets grapple with a number of downside scenarios and little in the way of upside surprises
- A messy Brexit outcome is the most likely downside risk, while a rebound in growth driven by new central bank policy ranks as the most likely upside
- More bullish outlook for US Sovereign bonds, emerging market equities, global REITs and emerging market bonds due to accommodative central bank policy
- More bearish outlook for cryptocurrencies, UK stocks, US high yield and bank loans
- Michael J. Acton, CFA®, Director of Research, AEW
- Axel Botte, Global Strategist, Ostrum Asset Management
- François-Xavier Chauchat, Chief Economist and member of the Investment Committee, Dorval Asset Management
- Esty Dwek, Head of Global Market Strategy, Dynamic Solutions, Natixis Investment Managers
- James Grabovac, CFA®, Investment Strategist, Municipal Fixed Income team, Loomis Sayles
- Jack Janasiewicz, CFA®, Senior Vice President and Portfolio Strategist, Natixis Investment Managers
- Brian P. Kennedy, Portfolio Manager, Full Discretion team, Loomis Sayles
- Mathieu Klein, Chief Investment Officer and co-founder, Darius Capital Partners
- Ibrahima Kobar, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Global CIO, Ostrum Asset Management
- David Lafferty, CFA®, Senior Vice President and Chief Market Strategist, Natixis Investment Managers
- Joseph Lavorgna, Chief Economist, CIB Americas, Natixis
- Maura Murphy, CFA®, Portfolio Manager, Alpha Strategies team, Loomis Sayles
- Jens Peers, CFA®, CEO and CIO, Mirova
- Dirk Schumacher, European Head of Macro Research, CIB, Natixis
- Hans Vrensen, CFA®, MRE, Managing Director and Head of Research & Strategy, AEW Europe
- Philippe Waechter, Chief Economist, Ostrum Asset Management
- Chris D. Wallis, CFA®, CPA®, CEO, CIO, Senior Portfolio Manager, Vaughan Nelson Investment Management
The Natixis Investment Institute applies Active Thinking® to critical issues shaping the investment landscape. A global effort, the Institute combines expertise in the areas of investor sentiment, macroeconomics, and portfolio construction within Natixis Investment Managers, along with the unique perspectives of our affiliated investment managers and experts outside the greater Natixis organization. Our goal is to fuel a more substantive discussion of issues with a 360° view of markets and insightful analysis of investment trends.
Natixis Investment Managers serves financial professionals with more insightful ways to construct portfolios. Powered by the expertise of more than 20 specialized investment managers globally, we apply Active Thinking® to deliver proactive solutions that help clients pursue better outcomes in all markets. Natixis Investment Managers ranks among the world’s largest asset management firms1 with €898.2 billion AUM.2
Headquartered in Paris and Boston, Natixis Investment Managers is a subsidiary of Natixis. Listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, Natixis is a subsidiary of BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France. Provided by Natixis Investment Managers International – a portfolio management company authorized by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (French Financial Markets Authority - AMF) under no. GP 90-009, and a public limited company (société anonyme) registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under no. 329 450 738. Registered office: 43, avenue Pierre Mendès-France, 75013 Paris.
1 Cerulli Quantitative Update: Global Markets 2019 ranked Natixis Investment Managers as the 17th largest asset manager in the world based on assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
2 Net asset value as of June 30, 2019. Assets under management (“AUM”), as reported, may include notional assets, assets serviced, gross assets, assets of minority-owned affiliated entities and other types of non-regulatory AUM managed or serviced by firms affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers.
Press Relations, Natixis
+33 1 58 32 01 03